Right now I’m thinking I’ll have maybe a half hour of free time this weekend. Between football, cub scouts, a sleepover, small gathering with my in-laws to celebrate my younger son’s birthday — things are looking busy. But in those spare minutes I’m going to:
- Finish reading the ‘The Help’ by Kathryn Stockett. There’s a reason this book has over 3,000 reviews on Amazon. I’ve never read another book quite like it, and I mean that in the best way possible. Amazing debut novel!
- Power wash my patio and deck. Spring is teasing us here, but I want to be ready to drag out the outdoor furniture as soon as the thermometer hits sixty. (I have plans to beautify the patio. However, I’m not revealing those plans to my husband until they’re a done deal. No reason to terrify him.)
- Add 2,000 words to my WIP. Right now I’m completing about 2 pages a day — need to ramp it up because these characters are ready to move on.
- Sneak in a round of mini-golf. The course near my house just opened up for the season and I’m hankerin’ to hold a club in my hand. Aggressive, much?
- If the Red Sox win their first game, I will finally flip over to NESN and watch the rest of their series. They’re opening at Fenway against the Yankees this weekend. Check out this youtube clip of a family fractured by competing baseball alliances:
What about you? Any exciting plans for Saturday and Sunday?