This might sound odd, but I’m glad to have this past weekend behind me. It was a good weekend – productive and fun. My boys, young and old, spoiled me with beautiful cards and gifts (including four 16 oz. Bo Red Sox tumbler glasses and a very pretty Vera Bradley bag). But the truth is I find that Mother’s Day brings out a whole lot of mixed emotions in me. Of course, part of that stems from the fact that I miss my mother. But it also makes me uncomfortable because I know that not everyone that would like to be ‘a mother’ has had that opportunity. So when it comes to celebratory days I’m going to always favor the ones that everyone can take part in equally…
Since I failed to post anything here yesterday I thought I would share a little humor about the things our mothers teach us:
- My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
“If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.”
- My mother taught me RELIGION.
“You better pray that will come out of the carpet.”
- My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
“If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”
- My mother taught me LOGIC.
“Because I said so, that’s why.”
- My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
“Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident.”
- My mother taught me IRONY.
“Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.”
- My mother taught me about STAMINA.
“You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.”
- My mother taught me about WEATHER.
“This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.”
- My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
“If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”
- My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
“I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.”
- My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
“Stop acting like your father!”
Hope that the sun is shining upon you today! Have a great Monday!