- If you know me, just a wee bit even, then you know I have decidedly mixed feelings about social media. Some of that stems from the fact that I think it takes a great deal of time and effort to engage in it properly. Nevertheless, I swallowed the Kool Aid this morning and joined Pinterest. I love visual inspiration – it helps me with my writing. I also love being able to catch a glimpse of what inspires my favorite authors. (Warning: this could become a huge time trap for me). Anyway I’ve started building my first board. I decided to post some of the images that inspired my story ‘Starts with Goodbye’. Check it out: http://pinterest.com/ritaoberlies/
- Entangled Publishing is getting close to their kickoff for the new Lori Wilde Indulgence line. Now, it’s true I have a book under contract with them. But at this stage my excitement is primarily as a reader. I know from seeing the list of authors that their releases are going to fall under my must have category. February 14th will be the big day. Bookmark their site, people: www.entangled publishing.com
- It’s been weeks since I’ve had a good night’s sleep. Last night I was practically climbing the walls in my living room. I was tired but couldn’t fall asleep. Around midnight I started browsing Amazon. Picked up a YA novel based on about fifty reviews. It screamed ‘different’. Loved it! That Boy by Jillian Dodd was the perfect curl up in my pi’s book. I’m a big fan of atypical writing styles. Dodd takes a 1st person approach in a very lighthearted manner. The really funny part is that I just discovered a sequel is set to come out today or tomorrow. Yay!
- Even though I promised back in September that I would scale back on my volunteering, it never materialized. In fact I’m helping out with some programs that I would never have been associated with as a student. (Confession: I wasn’t the brightest bulb when it came to science & technology. People assumed because I was a part of the smart crowd that I could excel in all subjects. Not true. Not even close). Anyway, I’m helping with a special Robotics Program and a Project Discovery club (space exploration). It’s crazy – but I’m loving it. I feel like I’m making up for all the things I missed when my eyes crossed in those classes as a kid. Yay me, again!
- Finally, I’m not cranky because tomorrow I’m heading up to Boston for the weekend. We have a much anticipated family party to attend….Yay! Yay! Yay!